How to Use the Online Ukulele Tuner
The online ukulele tuner below is one way to get pitches that you can tune your ukulele to.
1. Look at the row of circles below the ukulele.
2. Be sure the circle that says “No” on the left edge of the row is yellow. Click on that circle to make it turn yellow if necessary. (If some other circle is yellow you will be tuning to the wrong pitches and all your music will sound wrong.)
3. Click on the triangle inside the grey circle that’s just above the ukulele. You will hear the ukulele string pitches played one at a time in this order: A E C G. If you are holding your ukulele in your lap in playing position, the A string is the string closest to the floor.
4. Gradually turn one tuning peg on your ukulele as you pluck the string it is connected to until your string sounds like the reference pitch. (You will have to experiment with which way to turn the peg.)
5. Watch the ukulele tuning videos on this page to understand more about tuning your ukulele.
How to Tune Your Ukulele Videos
Parts of the Ukulele
Here is a video about the parts of the ukulele to help you know how to tune.
Ukulele String Numbers and Names