21 Easy Ukulele Hymns available April 2020!
Finally! After much delay we are getting ready to launch our new book 21 Easy Ukulele Hymns in April 2020. This book will have songs ranging from 2 to 7 chords and will include many of your favorites. Each hymn will have a suggested strumming pattern with melody tab underneath. The book also comes with a FREE video course.
Many of the hymns are presented in two keys, so you can more easily play with musicians on other instruments or with a pianist in your congregation.
What are the 21 Ukulele Hymns?
What a Friend We Have in Jesus
Church in the Wildwood
Shall We Gather at the River?
Fairest Lord Jesus
Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee
Nearer My God to Thee
Jesus Loves Me
This Little Light of Mine
Give Me That Old Time Religion
Blest Be the Tie That Binds
How Great Thou Art
Rock of Ages
I Come to the Garden Alone
For the Beauty of the Earth
Be Thou My Vision
Amazing Grace (extra value song because it is in other books)
Prayer of Thanksgiving
All Things Bright and Beautiful
Be Still My Soul-Finlandia
A Mighty Fortress is Our God
Three Versions Available:
1. Ebook: You’ll get
- the ebook in three formats ((ePub, pdf and .mobi file)
- chord melody versions of 10 hymns not in the Amazon version.
2. Paperback book from Amazon
3. The Hymn Kit which includes:
- eBook in three formats (ePub, pdf and .mobi file)
- Digital Book which you can print. Includes chord melody versions of 10 hymns not in the Amazon version.
- Bonus pdf with 12 bonus songs
- Wayfarin’ Stranger
- He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- Michael Row the Boat Ashore
- Chatter With the Angels
- We Shall Overcome
- In My Heart There Rings a Melody
- Wondrous Love
- Eternal Father Strong to Save
- Beautiful Robe So White
Why 21 Ukulele Hymns?
I’ve thought a lot about this question. What are some of the uses of a book of hymns for ukulele? Who will enjoy this music?
What comes to mind, is that many churches close as older members die off and newer, younger people do not join congregations. To counteract this trend, there is a need for music that will unite and excite people. Ukulele music will bring people to church buildings to sing and to play with a joyful noise. What better than a group of hymns for the ukulele? This music builds community by bringing together people of all ages. Churches can have ukulele choirs combining children and adults.
Folks can also use the ukulele to sing to the youngest children or to visit the elderly. Familiar hymns can make people feel connected with their community. 21 Easy Ukulele Hymns can also be used at summer music festivals and camps as a source of traditional music reimagined for the ukulele.
Do you enjoy playing and singing hymns? If so, what are some of your favorites? Do you play ukulele in your church or in a ukulele choir? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll enjoy these related posts:
- Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen Ukulele Tutorial
- Amazing Grace Ukulele Tutorial
- How to Play Nearer My God to Thee – Easy Ukulele Songs
- Morning Has Broken Ukulele Tutorial
These posts will show you how to play other hymns on the ukulele.