Getting Started for Free
Welcome to the Getting Started for Free course here at ukulele.io. We’re glad you’re here!
You can find this page again easily if you bookmark it.
Here’s where you’ll access the lesson videos and audio recordings that make up your free 10 video course. Click on the tabs on the left side of the screen to get started. You’ll learn:
- Chord shapes for the 3 easiest ukulele chords – all using only one finger : )
- Three basic strums
- How to change chords while keeping your steady strum going
- How to read tab
- How to play melodies on your ukulele
Having trouble tuning your uke? Not sure which instrument to buy? Struggling to master a chord? Got an idea for making our beginner’s video course better?
Please drop us a line. We love hearing from you!
Jenny and Rebecca
WANT TO GO FURTHER?
We hope you enjoyed your free course on getting started on ukulele and how to play melody tabs. We’ve got lots more great ukulele info to share with you in our books.
With 21 Songs in 6 Days: Learn Ukulele the Easy Way you’ll learn:
- Three basic strumming patterns
- Five chords
- How to change chords while you’re singing and strumming
- 21 super familiar folk songs. Learning with familiar songs will make it easier for you to focus on mastering a new skill – playing the ukulele! Visit this page to see a complete song list for 21 Songs in 6 Days.
“I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know how much I’m enjoying your ukulele books. I started with ukulele in August, and have pretty much been exclusively using you and your sister’s books, and I love them! The way they are laid out, and the supplemental videos – it is all so helpful.
A few people got me some other ukulele books for Christmas, and I found them really lacking in details and instruction compared to your books. After Christmas, I bought myself your Intermediate book, and it’s just perfect for incremental progress. I love all the helpful tips and how you break down the chords and give alternate fingerings as well. I always recommend them to people I meet who are thinking of taking up ukulele. :-)”